Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Everlasting Debt.....

I am thankful for all the students with whom I once worked.... Over the years their laughter and smiles and tears and everlasting, unquenchable spirit and courage seeped through my skin, percolated through my soul, and burnished and finished me into something better than I once was, something better than I had ever hoped to be.... They think I gave them a lot; what they don't realize, not even yet, is that they always gave me more than what they got from me. What they did, in fact, was to give me a life and a purpose.... they have validated every breath I've ever taken, and I will never be able to repay that debt... never.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for that, Mel. Brought another tear to my eye. You are so welcome! Eternally...

    ReplyDelete